AE Link is committed to protecting your personal information and complying with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This policy describes how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information.
AE Link is made up of a group of related companies and affiliates. AE Link Limited is the lead data controller in respect of personal data processed under this policy. AE Link Limited’s company number is 0792807 and registered address is Marble Hall, 80 Nightingale Road, Derby DE24 8BF. AE Link its products (AE Link Products) through an independent network of authorised dealers (AE Link Dealers).
This policy applies to any personal information provided by you through the AE Link website (www.aelink.co.uk) or provided to AE Link by AE Link Dealers.
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
AE Link collects personal information about you to inform you about, and provide you with, AE Link Products or services, to deal with any enquiries you may have about them and to improve and develop these for the future.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
AE Link collects the following types of personal information about you:
- Forename and surname
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Company Name
- Details of the AE Link Product you are interested in
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer when you visit a website. These cookies allow us to distinguish your device from other users of our website. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
Cookies do lots of different jobs. They are widely used by owners of sites in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. However this will affect the functionality of the websites you visit. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org and http://www.youronlinechoices.eu
The cookies we use on this site are as follows:
Cookies for measuring use of site: These analytical cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, the pages they have visited on the site and where visitors have come to the site from. This allows us to make improvements to the site by understanding how people use it. They do not track your browsing activity on other websites. These cookies do remain on your browser after the end of a session for varying periods of between 24 hours and 2 years.
The site has a toolbar to enable you to share our site on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. We use a cookie that aggregates data about what pages are shared, when and how often. This is used to help us better understand our visitors and to make improvements to the site.
There is a cookie which is used to record when users have watched the introductory video so that a user is not asked whether they want to watch the video on subsequent visits.
Session cookies: There is a cookie that is set which is required for some parts of the site to work properly and allows the service to remember the selections that you have made e.g. choice of language. It is used to establish a user session. It expires at the end of the session when a user exits browser.
HOW DO WE RECEIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
AE Link receives this personal information about you:
- When you contact us directly or visit the AE Link website (www.aelink.co.uk) to request an e-brochure or a quote for a AE Link Product or service or to make a general enquiry
- Where you have contacted a AE Link Dealer in relation to acquiring a AE Link Product AE Link may also receive this type of information from that AE Link Dealer (or from IT systems that may be provided by AE Link to the AE Link Dealer).
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
AE Link uses this personal information about you:
- To identify who you are when you contact us
- To provide you with the AE Link Products or services you have requested and to understand what AE Link Products you may be interested in
- To contact you regarding your AE Link Products to answer your technical queries or general enquiries or to administer warranty claims or product safety related communications
- To improve AE Link Products or services and to carry out customer surveys
- To resolve complaints or issues you may have with a AE Link Product or service
- To send you marketing information about AE Link Products or services
- To invite you to AE Link events you may be interested in
HOW WILL WE CONTACT YOU?
AE Link and its third party service providers (eg, marketing fulfilment agencies), AE Link Dealers may contact you by post, telephone, email and/or text message, unless you have told us not to or have registered with the telephone or post preference services.
WHO DO WE PROVIDE THIS PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
AE Link will provide your personal information to:
- The AE Link group and the relevant AE Link Dealer if you are acquiring or are interested in acquiring AE Link Products or services or to benefit you for service support in relation to your AE Link Products
- Our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as marketing fulfilment agencies or IT service providers
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
All personal information we have about you is stored on secure servers operated by AE Link or its third party service providers. These third party service providers have access to your personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. AE Link ensures that these third party service providers will only process your personal data in accordance with this policy and applicable Data Protection legislation.
Your personal information may be transferred to AE Link offices operating in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or may be processed by AE Link’s third party service providers based or operating outside the EEA. AE Link will use appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance the Data Protection legislation in connection to such transfers or processing of your personal data outside the EEA.
Your personal information will be held in AE Link’s customer relationship management systems for an indefinite period to manage our relationship with you. AE Link will carry out periodic data cleanses of this information to ensure that it is up to date and accurate.
You have the following rights in connection with your personal information processed by AE Link:
- ACCESS – you can request access to your personal information and further details about how your personal information is handled by AE Link
- OBJECT – you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by AE Link or by a third party
- RECTIFICATION – you can request rectification of any incorrect personal data held about you
- ERASURE – you can request erasure of any personal data where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by AE Link or by a third party
You have the right at any time to withdraw consent to receiving marketing from AE Link and/or to amend the delivery method we use. To manage your rights and delivery preferences please follow the instructions in our marketing communications, enquiry forms or write to us at:
Post: AE Link Ltd, Marble Hall, 80 Nightingale Road, Derby DE24 8BF
You can also exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
If you are concerned or have questions about how AE Link handles your personal data please contact us and we will do our best to assist you.
Please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (or any other appropriate supervisory authority), which may be accessed through the following link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.